Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It's Over

The end of the YMCA school year. I have oafishly designated summer vacation in my home. I am the Mom it is in my power to do so.

I am having mixed feelings about the end. One I need the break, but with the date changes they have put on out group there may be no next year. I was first sad because I would be loosing a few friends and so would the boys, but have sense found out we only have seven families for M/F. That isn't enough to keep a group going. Also all but two supervisors are staying and one is very very new at this. I am trying to keep positive, but it kills me that there is no way of knowing tell next school year. The Y has made this are pob and sees no reason to help us with this. Makes me mad they can have extra staff for there new Wed. kids, but not for us and it was there fault we are in this position.

We had 20 family and now only have seven. I don't see how this was a smart move for anyone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well I am being way selfish here but I hope you guys DO move away from being Y-bound. There's so much more to do, and this was our first year in a Y program. It shocked me how bound we felt, how trapped.

There's so much to do, so many places to go, things to explore! And especially if you guys do go the CVA route, you'll have access to CBIs who won't treat you like they are doing YOU a favor.